Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bothered by Odors? Try Dish Soap!

Grandparents are wonderful! They drop gems of knowledge without even knowing it.
Cloth Diapering skipped a generation with my mother. Fortunately, with the ease of use cloth diapering now provides; I've been able to pick up the torch not only saving money, but, protecting my daughter from harmful toxins found in most disposable diapers, that would otherwise be in constant contact with her skin. 

In speaking with my Mema she revealed some handy secrets to expelling stubborn odors.
Dish Detergent! Yep, simple as that regular ol' dish washing soap!



All I did was add about 1-2 tablespoons to a full load of previously washed diapers using hot water. In the end I ran an extra rinse cycle (as normal) to ensure the diapers were free of soap. In completing this process I chose what was readily available in my kitchen and found it to work great. 


Additionally, I also tried the dish soap as a replacement to the Dr. Bonner's I normally use in my pre-wash routine, once again a great result.
To find out how I perform my wash routines click here

If you're concerned with the chemicals involved with dish soap then stick with castile. I'll be trying African black soap in this same manner and let you know how it turns out.

Until then Happy Cloth Diapering!


Have you tried anything like this? Have trouble expelling odors from your cloth diapers? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment